Slow cooker Spaghetti
I like to load mine up with veggies, meat, onions, garlic, roasted tomatoes, and add spinach in the last 30 minutes. Such an easy meal!
You can make it low carb/ gluten free by serving it with spaghetti squash or mashed cauliflower or just by itself with cheese on top!
Bourbon Glazed Grilled Salmon, steamed fresh broccoli, roasted sweet potatoes, and spinach salad.
My wonderful Aunt and her husband are in town from Tennessee and we having them along with my parents over for dinner. So, it’s a feast of salmon and veggies 🙂
Here is the salmon recipe I am using from ALLRECIPES.COM
- 4 tablespoons butter – will use vegan smart balance
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1/3 cup bourbon whiskey
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar. Place salmon fillets on top of brown sugar mixture. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Turn salmon, and pour bourbon around the fillets. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Spoon glaze over the salmon, and serve.
I am going to make extra sauce to marinate my salmon all day, and then I am going to grill it. I will save the sauce to cook and reduce on the stove while Drew grills.
Cajun Chicken Pasta with roasted asparagus
For the pasta I will serve it with spaghetti squash for Drew and myself. All you have to do it slice your squash in 1/2. Remove the seeds, and generously cover the inside of the squash with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place face down on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Cook for 1 hour at 350. Remove and take a fork to start scooping out the squash. It will break apart like pasta.
4 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream – I use soy made by SILK
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese – Go Veggie has a vegan option to make it non dairy.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
- In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Chili – See recipe in past Weekly Menu post
Chicken Parmesan with Green Beans
I will use rice cheese as a substitute to make this dairy free.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups bread crumbs – most of the store bought have milk in them so I make my own with day old french bread.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or more if needed
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Flank Steak with Chimichurri sauce
- Marinate your steak as long as you can in Coke.
- For the chimichurri use fresh herbs, heavy on the cilantro, 2 cloves garlic, and at least 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Throw everything in the food processor. You can also add fresh graded Parmesan cheese if you choose.
- Grill your steaks to temp of you choice, top with chimichurri sauce.
Here’s my menu planning helper this week……
Have a yummy delicious week my friends!