Sausage, Sun dried Tomato, and Cream Cheese Quiche
This quiche I pulled together one Sunday with what I had in the fridge, and SURPRISE it came out yummy 🙂
- Brown sausage with 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup chopped green pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon sage, dash of salt, and dash of pepper.
- Add 1 container cream cheese (I used TOFUTTI dairy free) and stir often over low heat until cream cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and in a mixing bowl, whip 6 eggs and 3 table spoons cream or milk (I used soy creamer).
- Add sausage mixture to pie crust (Publix crust from the freezer is dairy free), then add egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. ENJOY
Roasted Chicken with Veggies
It’s another SUPER EASY dinner! Prep the morning or night before and it is easy breezy come 5pm! My kind of dinner 🙂
- Frozen whole chicken (freezer to oven already in the oven bag). Follow the instructions for cooking. Usually it takes around 3 hours.
- Chop veggies of your choice and 1 onion. Spread evenly over a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle with olive oil and Italian seasoning. Bake at 400 for around 40 minutes. Our favorite veggie to use are sweet potato, asparagus, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and sweet peppers.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya – ALLRECIPES
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
1 pound sausage, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper – optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp without tails
- In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, green bell pepper, celery, and broth. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
- Cover, and cook 7 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High. Stir in the shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cook time.
Grilled Halibut with Cilantro Garlic Lime Sauce – ALLRECIPES
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets halibut
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter – I use Smart Balance vegan option
- Preheat a grill for high heat. Squeeze the juice from the lime wedges over fish fillets, then season them with salt and pepper.
- Grill fish fillets for about 5 minutes on each side, until browned and fish can be flaked with a fork. Remove to a warm serving plate.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic; cook and stir just until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the butter, remaining lime juice and cilantro. Serve fish with the cilantro butter sauce.
Homemade chicken strips, bake beans, and spinach salad
- In a large mixing bowl toss chicken tenderloins in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian spices.
- Fry chicken in veggie oil until done.
- For the bake beans, I use canned beans in the slow cooker with bacon or a ham cooking all day. Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, salt, pepper, minced garlic (2 cloves), 1 tablespoon ketchup, and 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce.
- For the spinach salad slice 3 shallots very thin, saute in butter and olive oil over medium heat with sliced baby bella mushrooms until they start to caramelize. Reduce heat and cook another 2 minutes. Serve shallot mixture over fresh spinach and top with goat cheese (optional).
Breakfast for dinner with all the works including these super easy “personal pan” cinnamon rolls!
- So my girls were begging for cinnamon rolls one Saturday morning, and I was short on time and ingredients. I quickly pulled this together and it’s become a favorite around here.
- Thaw puff pastry dough (it’s already dairy free!). If you are short on time you can pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time to thaw.
- Spread one side of the dough with butter (I used Smart Balance vegan), sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Each dough sheet comes in three sections. Separate the sections and roll up each separately. Using a serrated knife cut each roll in 1/2.
- Place the roll with cinnamon mixture side facing up in a oiled ramekin. Bake at 350 for around 25 minutes or until dough begins to brown and rolls begin to bubble.
- I grabbed this icing from the fridge, spread it on each roll right out of the oven, and served them up to come excited kiddos 🙂