Hello friends! Here is the line up this week, and by the way I would LOVE to hear from you in the comments if you try any of my recipes and which ones are your favorite. Feel free share one with me too, I am always looking for something new to try 🙂
Have a great week!
Grilled Chicken with Roasted Butternut Squash Salad.
- Toss 3 cups of butternut squash chopped with 1 cup of sliced white onions, 1 tablespoon oil of your choice, and salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 cup of canned black beans (drained and rinsed), 2 tablespoons of minced fresh cilantro, and juice from 1/2 of a lime.
- Serve over mixed greens. I usually pull out the ranch dressing to add for my kiddos.
Here is the dairy free option. Yummy and healthier than dairy ranch even if you can eat dairy.
- For the grilled chicken, marinate chicken breast in olive oil, salt pepper, minced garlic, dried Italian spices. I rub the oil all over the chicken with my hands, then add the spices working them on the chicken with my hands as well. Then when Drew gets home, he pops it on the grill and does his magic!
Pasta Verde with Crab Salad Crostini
- For the pasta, I use spaghetti squash for Drew and I since we are not eating regular pasta, but use penne for the kids. If you use spaghetti squash do not mix it in the recipe. Make everything and then add on top of the squash.
- Toss 12 ounces of trimmed asparagus, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and transfer to a baking sheet to roast for 10 minutes at 425.
- Saute 1 cup sliced leeks, minced fresh garlic, and olive oil over medium heat until leeks begin to soften, then add 1 bag of fresh spinach and chopped.Cook until the spinach starts to wilt and then add cook penne pasta.
- For the sauce whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, dash of salt, and 1/4 cup of shredded parm. I use a non dairy version or rice cheese. Toss the pasta with the sauce and you are ready to eat!
- For the Crab Salad Crostini, bake 8 baguette slices at 425 for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile whisk together 2 tablespoons of mayo, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, dash of salt and pepper.
- Then saute 1/4 cup of sliced scallions, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 teaspoons olive oil, on medium for 2 minutes.
- Add scallion mixture to mayo mixture and gently stir in 6.5 ounces of jumbo lump crab meat.
- Divide crab meat among the baguette slices, top with fresh cilantro and serve.
Pineapple-Glazed Pork Chops with fresh green beans.
- Marinate pork chops in 1/4 cup pineapple, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon pineapple preserves AND Dijon mustard.
- Grill your pork chops brushing them with the remaining marinade as you turn them.
- Serve with this relish: 1/2 cup diced mango, 1/2 cup diced pineapple, 3 tablespoons red onion, 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeno (optional), and salt and pepper to taste.
- For the green beans saute 2 cloves minced garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until garlic softens, add green beans, and salt and pepper, cook over medium heat until green beans start to soften. Turn the stove off and the beans will continue to cook for a few minutes without over cooking. ENJOY!
Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes with steamed broccoli
- Combine 1/4 cup of flour with 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, dash of salt and pepper.
- Coat sliced and pounded chicken breast in the mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add 1/4 cup chopped onion, and 2 cloves minced garlic. Cook until onion softens. Add chicken and brown chicken both sides, Add 1 cup of chicken stock, and 1 can drained diced tomatoes, and cook another 5 minutes or until the chicken is done. Add 1/2 cup of cream or soy cream and 1 tablespoon of flour whisking until well mixed.
- Cook for another 2 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and pasta if you choose. A great healthier low carb option is mashed cauliflower.
Left over night! We always seem to be swimming in leftovers by this point, so out they come and it’s a buffet! I always make extra so I have something to eat for a quick lunch the next day and a midnight snack for Drew, but many times there is still extra.
Take out – our favorite right now is CHINESE! We have a great place that delivers. Curry Shrimp is my favorite, and I have been trying to be a good girl and leave the rice and egg rolls off the order 🙂
Hamburgers and Hot Dogs Sweet Potato Fries.
Have you tried Bubba Burgers???? So great and easy. You take them right from the freezer to the grill.
- Leave the bun off and top your burger with sliced tomato, spinach, avocado, onions, motz cheese, and salt and pepper. You won’t feel so bad about eating that burger 🙂
- For the fries I slice sweet potato and toss with olive oil and this (onion flavor)……. bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes. Stir 1/2 way through.