Bruschetta Chicken with Salad
- Thinly slice chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken in olive oil both sides.
- Place chicken in an oiled oven safe dish. Top with sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted and chicken is done.
- While chicken is in the oven reduce balsamic vinegar and let cool.
- Once chicken is finished drizzle reduced balsamic vinegar over the chicken and top with fresh basil.
Beef Strogonoff with broccoli – ALLRECIPES.COM
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces butter – I use soy butter
- 4 green onions, sliced (white parts only)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup sour cream – I use the Tofutti Soy Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup white wine
- salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
- Remove any fat and gristle from the roast and cut into strips 1/2 inch thick by 2 inches long. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the beef strips quickly, then push the beef strips off to one side. Add the onions and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes, then push to the side with the beef strips.
- Stir the flour into the juices on the empty side of the pan. Pour in beef broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and stir in mustard. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Five minutes before serving, stir in the mushrooms, sour cream, and white wine. Heat briefly then salt and pepper to taste.
Slow Cooker Meatballs and green beans – ALLRECIPES,COM
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs – most store bought have dairy in them, so I make my own. Use day old bread and dried Italian seasoning.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.25 ounce) can tomato puree
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, onion, and egg. Shape the mixture into 16 meatballs.
- In a slow cooker, mix the spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, and tomato puree. Place the meatballs into the sauce mixture. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Chicken Enchiladas Verde with corn and black bean salad.
- Cook 1 lb of chicken strips over medium high heat, stir in 1 4.5 ounce can of green chilies, 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese (I use soy), reduce heat to medium and cook until cheese has melted.
- Spoon chicken filling into tortillas. Roll up and place in a 13×9 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with cheddar cheese (I use the shredded rice cheese).
- Bake for 15-20 at 400.
BBQ Chicken with broccoli salad
- Alright don’t laugh…..I literally throw an entire bottle of BBQ sauce over chicken breast and bake it in the oven for 30-45 minutes at 350. That’s it! Everyone loves it and it is crazy fast!
- For the salad, chop broccoli, add raisins, sun flower seeds, mayo, nondairy ranch dressing, dried cranberries, sliced cherry tomatoes, bacon, and salt and pepper. Toss and sprinkle with your favorite cheese.
OK….. so a couple of notes on my cooking. I try and do ALL prep work in the morning during Wit’s nap. If 5pm is as crazy at your house as it is at mine you know it is hard to do dinner, so make it easy on yourself and PREPARE! My goal come 5pm is to simply transfer from fridge to oven or stove and be on my way.
All of my recipes can be dairy free with substitutions or dairy FULL with butter, cheese, etc.
Here is my favorite brand for a cheese substitute. It is yummy, and Mia and Sadie can’t tell a difference.
Have a YUMMY wonderful week my friends!